|WJ III Educational Assessment|
Woodcock Johnson III assesses educational achievement in two core subjects ie English and Maths. It consists of 22 tests, 11 sub-tests for English and 11 sub-tests for Maths.
The tests give detailed information for the following categories:
- Oral language
- Written language
- Academic knowledge.
The raw scores are used to obtain estimated age and grade equivalents scores, as well as percentiles and standard scores. These areas are used to calculate inter-achievement variations.
With WJ III results and reports –
- the subtests make the discrepancies far more specific than other standardised tests
- it can provide information on the child’s performance and development of learning areas
- it is used to identify strengths and weakness in learning areas
- teachers can understand the terminology and know how to help the child
- it will continually chart individual progress when done annually.
Being a standardised tests the scores are comparable to other standardised assessments.
NILD Zimbabwe are the only practitioners in Zimbabwe who have the Woodcock Johnson Tests of Achievement, which is a well recognised academic assessment.